Brain tumors are now the most common cancer and cause of cancer-related death in children less than 15 years of age. They are the most common solid tumor in children – accounting for approximately 25% of all childhood cancers.
- Over 14% of brain and CNS tumor deaths in children under 14 are attributed to medulloblastoma
- Approximately 350 patients are diagnosed each year
- Approximately 60% of patients diagnosed are children or youth under the age of 15
- There are an estimated 3,800 people living with this tumor
- The 5 year survival rate (including adults) is 72.1%, compared a median pediatric survival rate of just 3 years.